28V Electronic Alternator Controller
- Installation Drawing
- Warranty Card
- Product Eligibility Catalog (PEC)
- Troubleshooting Notes
- Instructions For Continued Airworthiness Maintenance (ICA)
Voltage Regulation, IC sense referenced
The Voltage Regulator keeps the bus voltage constant by increasing the current to the alternator’s field with a system load increase, decreasing it with a load decrease.
Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP)
Should either of the alternator’s field become shorted to ground (the reason most Voltage Regulators fail), the field-to-ground short protector will deactivate the Voltage Regulator, and switch on the unit’s RED field TSL. The defective field may be identified by selectively operating the right or left alternator. The alternator with the faulty field will not come on line, while the good one will allow bus voltage regulation to 27.5V to 28.0V.
Trouble-Shooting Light (TSL)
Alerts the user to the condition of the Alternator / ACU system.
- Increase Regulator life
- Not temperature sensitive
- Protects against grounded alternator field
- Helps isolate grounded alternator field in twin engines
- Identifies grounded field
- Reduce trouble-shooting time