14V Alternator Controller Unit (ACU), Voltage Regulator VREG, OV RELAY, LOW-OV Warning For Type A 14V Alternator Systems
- Installation Drawing
- Warranty Card
- Product Eligibility Catalog (PEC)
- Troubleshooting Notes
- STC Certificate
- Instructions For Continued Airworthiness Maintenance (ICA)
Voltage Regulation, IC Sense Referenced
Using the voltage sensed from the OV Relay output, the Regulator keeps the bus voltage constant by controlling the alternator’s field current: increasing it when the system load increases and decreasing it when the load drops. The Regulator controls the field by grounding or opening the one side of the field connected to pin F. The R15V0N ACU works in the one alternator (single engine) application as well as in the dual alternator (single or dual engine application. It is the best replacement for the Prestolite VSF7203 type Voltage Regulator.
Over Voltage (OV) Protection (OVP)
The external OV Protector (OVP) or OV Relay deactivates the Voltage Regulator by removing power to its input and one side of the field if the bus voltage exceeds 16V. This removes the alternator field excitation and thus protects sensitive avionics equipment and the battery.
Low Voltage & OV Sensor & Light Output
The unit’s LV indicator will come on when the bus voltage drops below the low voltage point and when the OV Protector (OVP) or OV Relay accti-vates.
- Field Controller Generates Low Heat
- Externally Adjustable Voltage Regulation
- Trouble-Shooting Light (TSL)
- Light Weight and Repairable
- Not Tempeature Sensitive
- Protects System Against Overexcited Alternator Field
- Warns of Low & OV Conditions
- Increase Regulator Life
- Increased Ease of Ownership
- Reduced Trouble-Shooting Time & Ownership Cost
- Reduced Long-term Ownership Cost