14V Alternator Controller With Over Voltage & Fld-Gnd Short Warning
- Installation Drawing
- Warranty Card
- Product Eligibility Catalog (PEC)
- Troubleshooting Notes
- Instructions For Continued Airworthiness Maintenance (ICA)
Voltage Regulation, Pulse Width Modulated
The Voltage Regulator with Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) field control keeps the bus voltage constant by controlling the alternator’s field current: increasing it when the system load increases and decreasing it when the load drops.
Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP)
If the alternator’s field shorts to ground, the field-to-ground short protector will deactivate the Voltage Regulator, and switch on the unit’s Red field-to-ground short TSL, and the GFP/ OV indicator on the instrument panel.
Trouble-Shooting Light (TSL)
The TSL (on the unit) is designed to alert the user to the condition of the Alternator / ACU system.
Over-Voltage Indication (OVI)
A warning light connected between the white wire and ground comes on to warn the pilot of the bus voltage exceeding the OV level or alternator Field-to-Ground Fault Protection (GFP).
Over-Voltage Protection (OVP)
The OV Protector (OVP) deactivates (turns off) the Voltage Regulator and the alternator if the bus voltage exceeds 16V to protect sensitive avionics equipment and the battery.
- Increased Regulator life
- Reduced panel lights flicker
- Protects against grounded alternator field
- Identifies grounded field
- Reduce trouble-shooting time
- OVI also indicates a field-to-short fault & alternator off
- Protects system loads against overexcited alternator
- Piper, Bellanca, Maule 14V Alternator Voltage Regulator OV Protection PN 557-337